Last Modified: July 24 2017
1. How We Collect and Use Information
- How we collect information. We collect information that you provide to us directly. We may collect personal information, such as your name, phone number, and email address when you access or use our Site or when you register for our mailing list or otherwise communicate with us.
- Information we collect from social networks. When you interact with our Site through social media, such as when you follow Goodwater or share our content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other sites, we may receive information from those social networks including your email address, profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Site.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of our Site, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about the Site and to provide you our materials and content. We may also send you emails or messages about the Site or the content (e.g., changes or updates to features of the Site, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see “Control Over Your Information” below.
We, and our third-party partners automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Site, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, file information and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Site, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Site, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Site, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Site from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Site. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Site and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which attempt to recognize you across multiple devices. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
We may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Site; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Site; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise plan for and enhance our Site.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (a) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether to accept it; (b) disable existing cookies; or (c) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Site, as some features on our Site may not work properly. Depending on your operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it. Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash objects and HTML5. You can learn more about Flash objects – including how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies – on Adobe’s website. If you choose to delete Flash objects from our Site, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the Site or benefit from the information and features offered.
3. Sharing of Your Information
We may share your personal information as described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
We may share your personal information with:
- Third parties at your request;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- Other companies and brands owned or controlled by Goodwater Capital LLC and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Goodwater Capital, LLC, which also includes our subsidiaries (e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- To notify you about new products, content or services we offer or, in our discretion, about changes to our Site or any products, content, services or policies.
- With third parties who may have products or services we think you may be interested in;
- Third party vendors and other third party service providers or business partners who help us deliver or improve our Site or who perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing services, tax and accounting services, web hosting, marketing automation or analytic services;
- The public when you provide feedback on our Site or user content on our social media. For example, if you comment on our social media sites, your information, such as your first name, last initial, and your comments, may be displayed on our Site or on our social media pages; and
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
- We reserve the right to transfer any information we collect in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including any shares in the company) or any portion or combination of our products, businesses and/or assets.
- We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
4. Control Over Your Information
- How to control your communications preferences: From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our Site, content, materials, notices about our organization, or information about products or services we offer (or promotional content from us or third parties) that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of certain email communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, and changes/updates to features of the Site, technical or legal notices).
- Modifying or deleting your information: If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our Site or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
5. Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
We may share, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services, to collect information about your use of our Site over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Site as well as on other websites or apps, or on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the Site, and other information. This information is used to display targeted ads on or through our Site or on other websites or apps, including on Facebook. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. As noted above, depending on your browser, you may be able set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser. To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s resources. You may also adjust your ad preferences through your Facebook settings. You may also be able to opt-out of some advertising by downloading the mobile AppChoices app. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
Facebook Custom Audience Ads. We may work with Facebook to display interest-based ads to you or to your friends on Facebook through a tool offered by Facebook called the Custom Audience Tool. This tool allows us to personalize our ads based on you or your friends’ experience on our Site and with our mailing list in order to provide tailored ads. We do not share personal information about your activities on our Site with Facebook, but we share a hashed email address or phone number which permits Facebook to identify our advertising audience based on the information that Facebook collects from its users. If you do not want to receive interest-based ads on Facebook, you can adjust your ad preferences through your Facebook settings. If you do not want us to use your content to personalize advertising that we direct to your friends on Facebook, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. How We Store and Protect Your Information
- Keeping your information safe: Goodwater cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
7. Children’s Privacy
Goodwater’s Site and content are intended for use strictly by adults. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Site. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Links to Other Web Sites and Services
10. Contact Us
240 Lorton Ave, 3FL
Burlingame, CA 94010